Quick Note Before Reading:
- This is based in Christian theology. However, all religions, beliefs, people are encouraged to read.
- The bullet points are the lessons given by my Father (Biological). The bold “Read” are the lessons given by our Father (Spiritual), and they are there to provide You the direct source, and to further Your study.
- In the end we all are on different levels in our path to Godliness, and every one’s path is unique. This is not meant to challenge, provoke, or make anyone question or challenge their own ways of doing things, rituals, etc. It’s simply here as a tool to those who might find it beneficial.
- Feel free to comment your own methods on prayer, offer corrections, or provide additional guidance or feedback. I am after all a human being and make mistakes.
How to Pray (Talking to God One on One)
- Our prayers should be in the name of Jesus Christ always.
Read John 14:6, 13, 14; 15:16; 16:23, 24.
- Our prayers should be in secret. We are to tell God alone of our needs.
Read Matthew 6:5-14.
- Our prayers should be specific. Tell God exactly what you want.
Read Luke 11:5.
- We should be persistent in our prayers. We should not stop praying everyday till we get the answer.
Read Luke 11:5 – 10; 18:1 – 8; Mark 10: 46 – 52; Matthew 15: 21 – 28; Romans 1:9.
- We are to pray in faith. By reading the Word of God with the intention to hear & obey generates faith.
Read Romans 10:17; Mark 11:22, 23.
*** When your Faith is low.
Read Hebrews 11 (Whole Chapter).
- We are to pray according to His will by asking for it.
Read James 1:5 – 8. By seeking God’s ways in the Word of God, noting whether the Holy Spirit encourages us to go on praying a certain prayer, we come to understand the will of God.
- We should pray with a desire to please & obey God.
Read 1John 3:23.
*** When we abide in Him, we truly obey Him & please Him.
Read John 15 (Whole chapter); Matthew 22:35 – 40.
- We should always give a prayer of praise & thanksgiving. Every time something good happens in our life whether we ask for it or not. Our prayers become heavy & slow (Takes too long to answer), when we don’t thank God for what he has already done for us.
Read Luke 17:11 – 19.
- Every day we should pray the minute we wake up in the morning that we will be kept safe all day. Free from accidents &/or harm. Before we sleep, we should thank God for helping us get through the day safe, etc.
Read Exodus 34:4 – 9; Mark 1:35.
- We should pray at every opportunity. Pray before going anywhere (In the car, bus, etc). When something pops in your mind, pray for it. Just remember nothing happens by chance. God always has something to do with it if its good. The devil (Satan) has to do with evil things like lying, stealing, killing, drugs, etc. Pray before making any decisions. Bad things only happen because God allows it. He is in control of everything.
Read Romans 12:12; Nehemiah 2:4.
- God wants us to pray & ask him before doing anything. A lot of king (Rulers) in the bible failed because they tried to do things on their own without asking God for advice. Adam & Eve did not pray when the serpent (Satan) approached them in the Garden of Eden. Eve tried to do things on her own (Without praying first) and that’s why she was deceived by Satan.
Read Genesis 3:4 – 6.
Hindrance to Prayer
- Unforgiveness – Main blockage to our prayers. If we don’t forgive others their trespasses, God the Father will not forgive ours.
Read Matthew 6:14, 15; 18:21 – 23; Mark 11:25, 26.
- Selfishness – We should pray that God take away our sinful desires. Often the reason God does not supply what a person desires is simply that he knows it will not benefit that person. God is not obliged to answer our prayers in the affirmative. He will not act in ways that are contrary to his will even if he is besieged by fervent prayers. Anytime we seek to further our personal pleasures through prayer, we are asking amiss.
Read James 4:1 – 6; Matthew 6:31 – 34.
- Failure to thank God – We should always thank God for everything good that happens in our lives. Whether we ask for it or not.
Read Romans 1:21; Luke 17: 11 – 19.
- Idolatry (Idols in the heart) – This is placing anything before God. These can be friends, pleasures, habits, hobbies, sports, possessions, business, reputation, money, etc. You can have all these, but God has to come first. Idols are not just carved images. They are the godless cravings & commitments that rule in our hearts.
Read Ezekiel 14: 3 – 5.
- Disobedience to the Word of God (God’s Will) – Basically God put it in our conscience what is right & wrong. By reading the bible you will find our more of what other God’s will are.
Read Proverbs 28: 5 – 9, 13 – 14; 15: 8 – 9.
- Stubborn Self-Will – Doing what you want although it’s against God’s will.
Read 1Samuel 15:10 – 23; Colossians 2:23.
- God does not hear sinners.
Read John 9:31; Proverbs 15:29; Isaiah 1:15; Micah 3:4.
Categories: Talk Good